Another Captain America USO Girl Costume


I got a request for another USO Girl costume, but this one is very different from the first. I used satin instead of cotton and since it was to be worn in a race on the 4th of July, I lined the bodice so the satin wouldn't stick to skin when things got sweaty- ew!  

I used a New Look pattern (halter only). I added the lapels and modified it so that it was open in the back and had to add a clip to keep the neck strap from coming undone during the run. 

I pieced together the trapezoid-shaped skirt pieces and attached to the bodice.  I made the bottom of each stripe 4x wider than the top. 

 I left the back open for ventilation and since she was wearing it over shorts and a sports bra it didn't matter of some skin shows. 



1 comment:

  1. a request for another USO Girl costume, but this one is very different from the first. I used satin instead of cotton and since it was to be worn in a race on the ... captainamericagirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!