Homemade Frozen Breakfast Burritos



One of the best things I did while pregnant is make meals in large batches for the freezer so that I didn't have to cook much after the baby was born. Now that school is in and baseball tournaments that have us leaving the house much too early for my taste, I needed something ready-to-eat on hand.


I first got the idea from a book from my BFF. Kind of silly I never thought of it before: make a double batch and freeze one for another night (lightbulb on!).  Ironically, I came across this pin after I got the ingredients to make my own. Love her picture of her assembly line - check it out.

Warning: these took the better part of a morning to produce, or maybe it was the fussy baby and barking dog that slowed me down.



Components:
Flour tortillas (10)
Scrambled eggs (10)
1lb pork breakfast sausage
Shredded cheddar cheese
Hashbrowns

Using a large pan, prepare the ingredients in this order: brown the sausage, fry the hashbrowns, and scramble the eggs. Allow to cool before assembling burritos.  Roll burritos in wax paper and freeze!

In hindsight I would use extra large burrito size tortillas so the filling isn't so thick because they didn't reheat evenly. I would also make more than 10 burritos at a time because it seems like a lot of work for 2 1/2 family meals!  What do you think -- worth the effort?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much appreciated!