Pumpkin Spice Latte With Coconut Milk (Dairy-Free)


I recently posted a recipe for a homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte using half-n-half and egg yolk (custard style) -- but I wouldn't be true to my blog name if I didn't offer a version with coconut milk.  With ingredients like pumpkin and coconut, do I dare call something so yummy healthy?!  One of the great things about coconut milk is that it emulsifies with other ingredients beautifully, and its thick enough that it doesn't need the egg-yolk like the dairy version.  It also adds some sweetness and takes away from the pumpkin flavor so that I tweaked the ratios of the ingredients, and decided that with so many little alterations, I figured this version deserves its own post...   Hope you like!




Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte

  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 3 T pumpkin puree
  • 1 T brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
  • fresh nutmeg to garnish


Blend all ingredients - I use a Magic Bullet but a stick blender or whisk will do the job fine.


Warm in a saucepan on medium low heat until it's nice and hot, but not boiling.  I don't see why you couldn't use the microwave at this point, I just tend not to.  Pour in your cup, followed by espresso or coffee.


By the way, have you seen one of these before?  It makes espresso on the stovetop -- the water goes in the bottom, the grounds go in a filter above the water, and the espresso bubbles up into the carafe.  Very cool.


Top with nutmeg if you have it.


If all this looks familiar, it's because I'm using some of the same photos from the other recipe!


Be sure to come back and comment if you try it!

1 comment:

  1. coconut milk. With ingredients like pumpkin and coconut, do I dare call something so yummy healthy....benefits of coconut water

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much appreciated!